Powered By Blogger

INTRODUCTION:

Welcome to BobKat's Lair ®™

***

A lair is a home; A castle; A burrow; A haven; a place where one should feel safe. To ensure our safety especially in one's lair, we have laws. And some laws cause more harm than good!

This is a good place. There's lots to see and do. It's apolitical while providing non-partisan news about politics, which we can't escape.

Regarding compliance with EU standards, I use no cookies, tracking devices or programs or other personal devices that may be banned in other countries. I will note however that my blog is hosted by Google and I am not responsible for any of that.

My goal is here... to present topics which highlight the plight of people. Why, 2000 years after Caesar Augustus, are we still a people being hurt? With all our advancements in technology, medicine, communications, why are we a people still being hurt? Human nature hasn't changed much, but that doesn't mean it isn't time now for that to happen, and it is undoubtedly happening - hard to see however. This blog is part of that change and a witness to it.

***

My blog is dedicated to my family, friends, mentors, and all others whom I am grateful to, and love(d).

***

Please view my Blog using the latest version of your browser. Some features may not be active if Java or Flash is disabled or not installed, or your browser is not compatible with Google Blog.

***

NOTE: Nothing included in my Blog is intended to advocate behavior illicit in nature, or in violation of man-made laws where harm to a living person, animal or the environment is involved. Person's under 17 probably shouldn't be here, though there is far worse out there. Just saying.


***

NOTE: Adding a comment to my Posts is easy and also encouraged, no matter what your point of view is.

Here's How:

If no comments have been posted you simply click on "No Comments" which is high-lighted. If comment(s) have been left it will indicate how many, click on that link. Enter comment.

Please do not include links to other websites or blogs in your comments without prior approval from the site administrator, me. The comment will be deleted.

Thank-you!

Bobkat's Lair ©®™ 2009-2023

Please Note: This Blog, with the Trademark "BobKat's Lair"
is legally registered and under US law cannot be used without my express permission. In addition, all material produced by within this blog-site is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without my express permission. It may be used for your own purposes as long as there are no monetary gains of which I am not notified and not entitled to benefits. You are welcome to post links of my content, with the disclosure that this material is trademarked and copyrighted by "BobKat's Lair".

*****

Petitions by Change.org| Start a Petition »


*****

June 16, 2012

PRESIDENT OBAMA VS MITT ROMNEY - MARIJUANA AND AMERICA - PART TWO

Honestly, I don't know what to make of President Obama? He reminds me of President Jimmy Carter, my favorite president. Ironically, Jimmy Carter is not remembered by many of us as a memorable president... after all, it was the first time I recall there being an energy crisis of huge proportions, the Iranian Hostage crisis, mile long lanes of cars waiting to fill up for gas; yet, compared to Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan, Carter did more to mend and stabilize this country than can or could be expected of most  presidents.

FDR
But, for some odd reason, I've read that President Obama wishes to align himself with FDR, and Ronald Reagan, both whom are Republicans. To cement his 2008 campaign promise(s) for "change" in America he's involved himself in much of the same rhetoric. Yet his message to America was anything but Reaganomics or  FDRnomics. His actions have been calculated, cool (though not kool, as in hip) and unexpected; at times he seems to hesitate, decide one thing and does another. Like his stance on respecting state's rights to legalize cannabis, then casts a blind eye to federal raids on legal cannabis businesses. Aligning himself with the president in power when cannabis/Reefer Madness was made law, that would be FDR, seems foolhardy. As you'll see, Obama is not at all like FDR.

Just recently after nearly four years as President, he's granted amnesty to illegal immigrants 18 or under in this country. I approve, but I'm sure many Americans don't. But I approve because they are a protected age group. There are many laws and regulations regarding minors in this country. And regardless of where they are from, we in this country should not assault youth with immigration laws. They don't usually have a choice in the matter. They're minors.

So I give President Obama credit on that... so Carter-like of him...

What I really don't understand about President Barack Obama, known by his friends as Barry, is how he can be so typically anti-drug without any policy changes when he knows intimately about recreational drug use? I'm using conventional terminology there, when what i really mean is why the heck is he acting like the War on Drugs is working? He knows it's not, he knows the harm "drug prohibition" causes, especially with regards to cannabis, aka marijuana.

How does he know? He knows because he is Barry Obama who grew up in Hawaii... according to a book just released by David Maraniss,
David Maraniss
"A staffer and Pulitzer Prize winner who’s penned some acclaimed political books, including First In His Class: A Biography of Bill Clinton." Barry Obama was a cannabis guru, as reported by numerous sources and in THE book he loved marijuana and used it often while enrolled at Punahou School in Honolulu and Occidental College in Los Angeles He was, it's said in David's book, the leader of the Choom Gang. A harmless gang of Hawaiian teens/young adults enjoying life... getting high, getting educated.



The book by David Maraniss is:




NORML first informed me with regards to this breaking story HERE: at NORML's Blog. I was aware that Obama had used cocaine a few times, but I had no idea he was a cannabis guru!

” Apparently young Barry Obama, like countless of his contemporaries, enjoyed partaking in the use of marijuana. The president even was a trendsetter amongst his peers:"

"As a member of the Choom Gang, Barry Obama was known for starting a few pot-smoking trends. The first was called “TA,” short for “total absorption.”"

"Along with TA, Barry popularized the concept of “roof hits”: when they were chooming in the car all the windows had to be rolled up so no smoke blew out and went to waste; when the pot was gone, they tilted their heads back and sucked in the last bit of smoke from the ceiling."

So how did he go from this:


To this:

OpenSource Image

Busting American citizens for cannabis and authorizing the War on Drugs that has not only led to over 50,000 deaths in Mexico, but continued a terroristic action stemming from 1937, and renewed in 1971 against peace-loving, inspired cannabis culture. Of which Barry Obama was one.

What also gets me, is, Obama promised "Science, Transparency and Change", in Washington, when he was elected. Does he not realize, if he had had the misfortune that befell me, with my pot-pipe bust, he would not be president. As a result of my reefer run-in with the law over 25 years ago, and becoming acute with the 9/11 terrorist attacks... I am now very limited with what career I can consider.   

"Transparency", maybe... change, hmm, not sure... seems the economy has taken up all his time, plus the Afghan war... and covertly, the Drug War - which is more of a corporate war on nature that politics is involved in.

I give president Obama a lot of credit, for what he's done... he has brought about some change. But overall I am still feel deeply disappointed in him. I even feel betrayed, by the way he juggles truth... not just about cannabis, though that is a big part of all of this; and why shouldn't it be? Barry Obama was a pot-head, if what David Maraniss reports is true.

What happened with the first Drug Czar's warning that "one marijuana cigarette will cripple you for life..." ?

Obviously not true.

Also not true is that use of cannabis is a "public health concern". People are nowhere dropping like flies because they use cannabis. The truth is, Reefer Madness is a myth... and it's damn well time that Washington, whoever is in charge realizes and understands, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness does not exist when WE can't use a plant God gave us - in a country that prints "In God We Trust" on it's money.

It's time for a real, genuine democracy in America... one that deals with real issues... for me, Mitt is out, and as for Obama... am I, would I be voting for Barack or Barry... the latter would get my vote, if not, I think I'll write in Ron Paul.

I'm told to "Be Myself" in life... yet I often witness where playing a lie gets yo what you want. Well, as the Rolling Stones sang: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need." And I need Truth, Justice and Liberty... the American Way!

I'd like to succeed also, in life, what's left.... and as Bob Dylan, the musician and recent awardee of the President's Medal of Freedom once sang... "Everyone must get stoned..." and I don't think Bob meant with a rock!

Stop the Hurt... Legalize Cannabis. Or at least show and prove it's a serious threat to public safety! Because I don't believe it is, and as a citizen of the United States, I challenge my government to justify it's continued belief and escalation of a war on a plant that harms very few Americans. A plant that actually helps millions in so many ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment