Powered By Blogger

INTRODUCTION:

Welcome to BobKat's Lair ®™

***

A lair is a home; A castle; A burrow; A haven; a place where one should feel safe. To ensure our safety especially in one's lair, we have laws. And some laws cause more harm than good!

This is a good place. There's lots to see and do. It's apolitical while providing non-partisan news about politics, which we can't escape.

Regarding compliance with EU standards, I use no cookies, tracking devices or programs or other personal devices that may be banned in other countries. I will note however that my blog is hosted by Google and I am not responsible for any of that.

My goal is here... to present topics which highlight the plight of people. Why, 2000 years after Caesar Augustus, are we still a people being hurt? With all our advancements in technology, medicine, communications, why are we a people still being hurt? Human nature hasn't changed much, but that doesn't mean it isn't time now for that to happen, and it is undoubtedly happening - hard to see however. This blog is part of that change and a witness to it.

***

My blog is dedicated to my family, friends, mentors, and all others whom I am grateful to, and love(d).

***

Please view my Blog using the latest version of your browser. Some features may not be active if Java or Flash is disabled or not installed, or your browser is not compatible with Google Blog.

***

NOTE: Nothing included in my Blog is intended to advocate behavior illicit in nature, or in violation of man-made laws where harm to a living person, animal or the environment is involved. Person's under 17 probably shouldn't be here, though there is far worse out there. Just saying.


***

NOTE: Adding a comment to my Posts is easy and also encouraged, no matter what your point of view is.

Here's How:

If no comments have been posted you simply click on "No Comments" which is high-lighted. If comment(s) have been left it will indicate how many, click on that link. Enter comment.

Please do not include links to other websites or blogs in your comments without prior approval from the site administrator, me. The comment will be deleted.

Thank-you!

Bobkat's Lair ©®™ 2009-2023

Please Note: This Blog, with the Trademark "BobKat's Lair"
is legally registered and under US law cannot be used without my express permission. In addition, all material produced by within this blog-site is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without my express permission. It may be used for your own purposes as long as there are no monetary gains of which I am not notified and not entitled to benefits. You are welcome to post links of my content, with the disclosure that this material is trademarked and copyrighted by "BobKat's Lair".

*****

Petitions by Change.org| Start a Petition »


*****

July 27, 2012

IS THIS THE DEATH OF BATMAN?


Is Batman dead? I ask, as I'm shaking my head, as I'm sure most of us are, as to why the massacre last Friday in the Aurora CO. Cinema happened. What would motivate someone to do such a thing as murder 12 innocent people and wound 58 others?

The question here is "what would motivate"? And the suspect was apparently seeing a professional psychiatrist, who I'm sure by now has an attorney. The suspect apparently sent a notebook to her and speculation is he detailed his plan to murder people. The fact is, the notebook is protected under doctor-patient protection.

But what about the rest of the nation?

Gun sales are off the charts, again, as they always are after a tragic event like this. And people and politicians are again calling for stricter gun laws. Ted Nugent today came out and said it - "the AR15 used is one of the most popular hunting rifles in America." The killer used it as a assault rifle, but he goes onto say, he believes, the shotgun is the more dangerous weapon. And I believe him.

But none of that is really the issue. The issue are the victims, who lay in hospitals with medical bills in the millions of dollars. And the injured, and those in that theater that night! How insane to sit down and enjoy a movie and have a madman go berserk?  It's a worst nightmare. I find myself wondering, doesn't a movie theater have insurance for this sort of thing, couldn't the movie industry donate the medical costs to these poor people who have been in hell?

But that only leads me to the real tragedy yet to come. As happened after the September 11, 2001 tragedy, the federal government enacted measures for national security, on a permanent basis, that almost overnight began stripping Americans of their personal rights, freedom and dignity. Muslim Americans became the new suspect. And now, gun owners of America.

Why make more victims. Stricter gun laws won't stop these people from hurting others. The majority of Americans are responsible.

We deserve respect. We deserve logical, scientific and sound decisions to be made when it comes to public safety, not frenzied reactions.

Chicago's Children's hospital canceled the appearance of a Batman entertainer that tries to help many people. THE STORY IS HERE. Understandably the hospital is concerned. But I'm concerned that just as happened after the 9/11 tragedy, we're letting the villain win. We're succumbing to fear, and not letting ourselves get back on the horse. I'm afraid one of the most American Super heroes is Dead! 

I came out with a spontaneous joke this more during a discussion with  a someone. I was given an appointment for Oct. 31. I commented, "well, that's Halloween", to which the person replied, "yes, are you going to dress in a costume?" And I replied, "yes, but not as batman."

Later I had concerns it was a "poor joke", or in bad taste, and a co-worker made the obligatory, he agreed. 

So, when, if ever, can we joke about Batman? Admire Batman. That is the question. And if we can't, why? 

What are we really doing as a society to stop the hurt? Controlling the masses, based on the actions of a few is futile. To control the masses we would need to become a Totalitarian governed society. Is that America?

To President Obama... get your weapons straight - the killer used an AR-15, not an AK-47.Not that it matters much. As I already said, if someone wants to harm others, they can do so without guns. Prohibition and excessive control over the masses yields resistance... both intimidate and tread on the basic principals this Country values as a free nation. 

Batman must live, for us to live on. No Joker can stop Batman... Batman must/will rise again.

My sincere condolences to the victims of the Aurora CO. cinema massacre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment