Powered By Blogger

INTRODUCTION:

Welcome to BobKat's Lair ®™

***

A lair is a home; A castle; A burrow; A haven; a place where one should feel safe. To ensure our safety especially in one's lair, we have laws. And some laws cause more harm than good!

This is a good place. There's lots to see and do. It's apolitical while providing non-partisan news about politics, which we can't escape.

Regarding compliance with EU standards, I use no cookies, tracking devices or programs or other personal devices that may be banned in other countries. I will note however that my blog is hosted by Google and I am not responsible for any of that.

My goal is here... to present topics which highlight the plight of people. Why, 2000 years after Caesar Augustus, are we still a people being hurt? With all our advancements in technology, medicine, communications, why are we a people still being hurt? Human nature hasn't changed much, but that doesn't mean it isn't time now for that to happen, and it is undoubtedly happening - hard to see however. This blog is part of that change and a witness to it.

***

My blog is dedicated to my family, friends, mentors, and all others whom I am grateful to, and love(d).

***

Please view my Blog using the latest version of your browser. Some features may not be active if Java or Flash is disabled or not installed, or your browser is not compatible with Google Blog.

***

NOTE: Nothing included in my Blog is intended to advocate behavior illicit in nature, or in violation of man-made laws where harm to a living person, animal or the environment is involved. Person's under 17 probably shouldn't be here, though there is far worse out there. Just saying.


***

NOTE: Adding a comment to my Posts is easy and also encouraged, no matter what your point of view is.

Here's How:

If no comments have been posted you simply click on "No Comments" which is high-lighted. If comment(s) have been left it will indicate how many, click on that link. Enter comment.

Please do not include links to other websites or blogs in your comments without prior approval from the site administrator, me. The comment will be deleted.

Thank-you!

Bobkat's Lair ©®™ 2009-2023

Please Note: This Blog, with the Trademark "BobKat's Lair"
is legally registered and under US law cannot be used without my express permission. In addition, all material produced by within this blog-site is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without my express permission. It may be used for your own purposes as long as there are no monetary gains of which I am not notified and not entitled to benefits. You are welcome to post links of my content, with the disclosure that this material is trademarked and copyrighted by "BobKat's Lair".

*****

Petitions by Change.org| Start a Petition »


*****

July 02, 2014

REALITY CHECK PEOPLE!!! - REFLECTIONS ON A GOOD LIFE, MANFESTOS, AND PEOPLE THAT LOSE IT COMPLETELY...

The use of the term: "Reality Check" is one I credit to a band I used to see a lot in Salisbury Beach MA, at a place called, Kon Tikis during the 90's.. The band is/was called the Bars, the lead singer a great entertainer, liked to grab the attention of the audience at the end of a rock & roll song sometimes by suddenly shouting out - "Reality Check*!?" The crowd would go crazy screaming out "reality check" too, and he'd repeat it, 3 or 4 times.

So I might sit here and wonder, what is reality? But I've known what reality is for real for many years now. It's not a mystery to me. But it is to others.

Of course the problem with "reality" is that my reality might not be yours. Actually that's not a "might", it's true, it's not. And therein lies the problem with reality. 

See...

The fact is the universe is made up of energy in the form of molecules, none of which follow any laws other than the boring laws of physics. As far as us humans go, these molecules could care less about us. So it is that solids don't exist, except as we see them that way, and our perceptions are naturally subjective, meaning we create our own reality with these molecules. Now, given that I know that, it would seem a simple thing to control the dark and light matter that comprises the universe and to become wealthy and carefree. Well, yes, that's true to an extent, but the reality we grow up in is pretty substantial, nearly impossible to separate oneself from it.

Those are molecules... the makeup to our virtually reality world we call ourselves, or us and me... Our world.

Reality is subjective, meaning that it comes from within ourselves.

Reality, and what it is isn't a mystery to me. I'm concerned about myself, and others.

Nearing 60, I'm not in a position to continue working much longer in a society that in only 6 years has become a "motivation arena", the working model for a successful company. Turn your employees into robots. Emphasize benefits (for which you get a discount), act wisely when giving pay-increases (none), bonuses, gifts - the latter is a Malteze Falcon.

The result - zombie employees, scared for their future, all with their own story about what the "Great Recession of 2008" was about for them.It certainly had an effect on me as that was during the time I was looking to step up to a better job, to last me 10 years until I was 66. Didn't happen. Sucks!

We discussed "workplace zombies", and vampires are based on "science" the result of marijuana use. That's why marijuana is a Schedule One drug... extremely dangerous!!!

The thing is, a vampire can't become a "WPZ" (Work Place Zombie), as marijuana infuses the human brain in mysterious ways, yet well known ways. It actually blocks the zombification that happens to non-users. However being a vampire on the job doesn't make life easier. One must wait until darkness falls to satisfy our needs.

I brought up manifestos in the title as the teen well know from California murdered several people there. He wrote a manifesto. My only question is when did writing become a manifesto? Is this media hype? I understand he wrote stuff, but I'm simply questioning how this becomes a Hitleresk mantra. Killing people like he did is bizarre behavior. Nothing less. Not that I believe he's insane... quite the opposite, he knew exactly what he was doing, as did the Colorado Theater killer. They knew exactly what they were doing.

The big question is what contributes to this bizarre behavior? Only thing I can suggest is that we've become a much more "in control" society, where most aspects of a child's life is orchestrated and planned. When I was a kid in the 50's and early 60's I did what I wanted... there were none of these organized events for children. W, the surrounding neighborhood created our own baseball team. There was never any press involved, making us headline news.

Wow, almost forgot.... Happy July 4th!!!

May the friendly fireworks be in your favor.


No comments:

Post a Comment