Powered By Blogger

INTRODUCTION:

Welcome to BobKat's Lair ®™

***

A lair is a home; A castle; A burrow; A haven; a place where one should feel safe. To ensure our safety especially in one's lair, we have laws. And some laws cause more harm than good!

This is a good place. There's lots to see and do. It's apolitical while providing non-partisan news about politics, which we can't escape.

Regarding compliance with EU standards, I use no cookies, tracking devices or programs or other personal devices that may be banned in other countries. I will note however that my blog is hosted by Google and I am not responsible for any of that.

My goal is here... to present topics which highlight the plight of people. Why, 2000 years after Caesar Augustus, are we still a people being hurt? With all our advancements in technology, medicine, communications, why are we a people still being hurt? Human nature hasn't changed much, but that doesn't mean it isn't time now for that to happen, and it is undoubtedly happening - hard to see however. This blog is part of that change and a witness to it.

***

My blog is dedicated to my family, friends, mentors, and all others whom I am grateful to, and love(d).

***

Please view my Blog using the latest version of your browser. Some features may not be active if Java or Flash is disabled or not installed, or your browser is not compatible with Google Blog.

***

NOTE: Nothing included in my Blog is intended to advocate behavior illicit in nature, or in violation of man-made laws where harm to a living person, animal or the environment is involved. Person's under 17 probably shouldn't be here, though there is far worse out there. Just saying.


***

NOTE: Adding a comment to my Posts is easy and also encouraged, no matter what your point of view is.

Here's How:

If no comments have been posted you simply click on "No Comments" which is high-lighted. If comment(s) have been left it will indicate how many, click on that link. Enter comment.

Please do not include links to other websites or blogs in your comments without prior approval from the site administrator, me. The comment will be deleted.

Thank-you!

Bobkat's Lair ©®™ 2009-2023

Please Note: This Blog, with the Trademark "BobKat's Lair"
is legally registered and under US law cannot be used without my express permission. In addition, all material produced by within this blog-site is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without my express permission. It may be used for your own purposes as long as there are no monetary gains of which I am not notified and not entitled to benefits. You are welcome to post links of my content, with the disclosure that this material is trademarked and copyrighted by "BobKat's Lair".

*****

Petitions by Change.org| Start a Petition »


*****

November 15, 2014

MY LIFE AND TIMES... THE WORLD OF SEX - PART SEVEN - CONCLUSION

Hind sight is 20/20...

Yeah, I can see that now.

At 60, I can see that controlling our own life is questionable. As in, we live in a society that resides in a world, that is held in space surrounding by a universe - maybe many universes.

It's hard to imagine or think about how Lincoln's, "Emancipation Proclamation", changed this country and the world. Hard to imagine it "freed the slaves" but it was another hundred years until Civil Rights became a reality. Something many still disagree with or harbor hate towards even now in 2014. Seems to me that bigotry,  discrimination and simply hating people who are different are pretty much accepted norms in our society, as like, it's free speech. Problem is, the targets aren't often protected by the 1st Amendment. An irony really, but inadvertently a part of our Constitution.

I grew up fearing only a few things... the KKK, though I'm a WASP, the control they yielded, the hatred they evoked, their entire "vigilante style" existence was scary; and why?

Consider we have a politic system based on Democrat or Republican, and independents. Independents are purposely in 3rd place. It's something few today question, except maybe me.

How did "Parties" come about? How does this relate to "My Life and Times"?

Parties came about in the US after the American Revolution. The only forms of communication was the telegraph, the newspaper, or USPS.

Parties were formed highlighting different areas of the country. Parties voiced their beliefs and goals, and either grew in popularity or shrank away. We did not begin this country with our current parties.

Research the Jeffersonians and Federalists, for example, or the Whigs. I have considered the Hat Party, as it seems actually when people wore hats they tended to make better decisions. 

Extinct Political Parties of the 1800s The History of Political Parties Includes the Successful and the Doomed By Robert McNamara 19th Century History Expert

That's politics, but then there's religion. Religion comes with blessings and curses. Right and wrong. Black and white.

I am as politically correct as possible, as foremost politics reigns supreme. But religion is there too...

Neither is going to go away...

So I vote and add my rice grain to democracy, although technically we're a Republic. Meaning in general or votes are meant to influence our electorate - the person casting the vote. At least that's the way I understand it. I'm likely missing key points.

The point is... and this is difficult to share, but I was thinking driving home on my hour and 45 minute commute that if at age 19 I had not used marijuana and experienced the benefits that opened my mind and motivated me, I might have lost that opportunity by age 21.

It may seem insignificant, or maybe you can identify. My point is there are certain inalienable rights we human beings have. To use the plants of outr choice, have the consensual sex we choose, have equal access to employment so we can survive, and hopefully prosper.

It doesn't matter what sins I committed having the sex I had in my life, or the pot I've bought and used. Both make me a evil person, religiously and politically. And that's what's so ironic about my life. It's why I became an advocate for change and an advocate for others unable to assist themselves.

It's why I like this picture of a chicken named Pearly who died several months ago. Pearly loved to be held. Reminded me of the Geico gecko...

Maybe I feel to much. But my one moral is to not hurt others. Forget politics and religion... just quit fucking with people, stalking them, trying to control them and arresting or murdering them because you think you know better!

"Give Peace A Chance"!




No comments:

Post a Comment